Describe your business/career/what you do in a few sentences.
I help women add sparkle to their lives. In a tangible way, I consult with them over style solutions to help them feel more confident, but I also give them an excuse to spend time reconnecting with others through in home style sessions. Finally, I also coach and mentor women who want to add more sparkle to their live by way of more freedom of choice and flexible income.
Describe to us what being of service means to you.
To me, being of service involves a lot of listening. It’s about understanding the needs of the other and helping them bridge a gap.
What does being confident look and feel like for you?
Confidence is a smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye. When people exude joy – that says confidence to me.
How have you changed since becoming a successful entrepreneur?
I’m more sure of myself overall. I’ve come to realize what I’m capable of and that I can handle anything that comes my way. I don’t worry about making the right decisions anymore, because i understand that even the wrong ones give you a lesson that will put you back on the right path. It’s also allowed me an outlet to be more creative which I love.
What are you most grateful for in your life?
I am most grateful for my parents. I think they are both amazing people, and I am so fortunate for the foundation they laid for me to live a prosperous life. They were always really engaged with me as a child, asking me questions about my thoughts and preferences. I will always appreciate their love and support and the way they have nurtured and encouraged my independence.
What is the biggest shift you have had in your life and how has it changed you?
The biggest shift came for me when I met someone who asked me a question which I immediately responded to with “ARE YOU CRAZY? I CAN’T DO THAT! i’M NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON!” Those words rang through my head for weeks later forcing me to ask myself – what did that mean? What story was I telling myself and what was the outcome. What I realized was “I wasn’t that kind of person” because I had just never said yes to certain things before, and that was largely rooted in how i would be perceived by others and who I thought I needed to be for the sake of others. Deconstructing has lead me to a “life of yes” and has opened up so many new opportunities, experiences and relationships that I would have let pass me by previously.
- The next place I want to travel: I’m going to travel to is Japan for Rugby World Cup! Though Brazil, Morocco and New Zealand are all high on my list.
- My favourite colour: Green!
- The last movie I watched: I saw the Elton John Bio Pic “Rocketman” in theatres.
- Sweet or Salty? Sweet AND Salty! – Like Kettle-corn or salted caramel anything.
- My favourite game/toy as a kid: A stuffed lamb named Springy
- The best meal I make: I eat a lot of random meals – I cook a lot like a university student haha!
- Introvert or Extrovert? Extroverted Introvert – love being with people, but need alone time to recharge
- The book I am currently reading: The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood
- My favourite way to relax: Under covers with my pooch and a book.
- The most recent habit/practice I have added to my life: Intention setting – writing letters to my future self.
- Cat or Dog person? Dog. 100 percent
- Your best personal attribute/character trait? I can stay calm through chaos.